Thursday 10 September 2009

Yet another challenge card and some luck came my way!!

Hi all

Well after having a rough few weeks life has a funny way of turning around... I came home from work today to find out I won yesterdays Blog Candy from the lovely Jude at Crafts International, it is a large square Woodware punch.... whoo hoo how lucky am I??

Pop on over to to Judes blog to find out more about her fundraising for Alzheimer's (click the blinkie on my sidebar to take you to the post.

On to the card....

This card was made for the Stampin' for the Weekend challenge which was to use orange, teal and pink.



Not sure if I really like the outcome, I think it is a bit bright and busy for my taste, but hey ho time is not on my side AGAIN!! So I will have to live with it. I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday I had decided to submit a different card for the DT call but time was not my friend this weekend!! Oh well, wish me luck -)

2 Redbananas challenge this week is "Stripes and Dots", don't they look FAB together!



I used:

Whiff of Joy stamp coloured with Pro Markers
Free backing papers from a magazine
Ribbon and ric rac from stash
Sentiment stamp again free with a magazine

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sarah. Love the image and your colouring is fab! Love the shades you've used, very summery :D

    Thank you for playing along with us this week at Stampin' for the Weekend. We hope you enjoyed the challenge and you come back soon for more!

    Kimmi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Sarah, love the coloring, and I think this color combo is fabulous.
    Thanks for playing this week at SFTW
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you have made a lovely card with the colurs hun brill love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, super cute image, don't you just adore Elisabeth Belles handiwork, I know I'm addicted, lol.
    Great colouring, thanks for joining us at SFTW and hope you can join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the challenges. I like the colors and the stripes/dots. Thanks for joining the bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card. Your colors in just awesome! Love the image, papers and layout. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet image. I really like the dots and stripes DP you used. Thanks so much for joining the banana challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, these colors are so sweet together! Thanks for joining us in the 2RedBananas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute! i love polka dots! thanks for playing last week at 2RB! I hope you'll join in the sketch challenge this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww what a cute card, lovely work!
    Thank you & good luck!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog - I really appreciate it!