Tuesday 7 December 2010

Red and White in the cafe

Hope everyone is bearing up and keeping warm in this wintry weather. We have been lucky with the amount of snowfall we have had but man is it super icy out there, I have been lucky to stay on my feet but had a couple of near misses, elegant on the ice I am not and definitely not a contender for Dancing on Ice (which incidentally starts soon whoopy).

Phew, I made this weeks Play Date Cafe challenge, I missed last weeks deadline by a mere 24 hours lol, err yes, I got mixed up on my days and went to enter on Wednesday duh!!



I actually struggled getting some non-Christmas inspiration using these colours which is why it has took me until now to make it lol, the colour scheme of red and white is not a favourite colour combo of mine (I live in a house full of Man Utd haters lol, the boys are avid Wanderer's fans). I am also entering this into Crafty Cardmakers "White and a splash" challenge!

I used Barn Door Distress ink sponged through sequin waste, I also made a round mask behind the sponging. Tim Holtz flourish stamped in barn door and distress embossing powders. Sentiment is from I Brake for Stamps (and quite apt for this icy weather) and the bird is from Artemio.

Here are a couple of wintry picture from yesterday morning, it was -7 with mist and freezing fog. The trees and shrubs looked amazing with their edges dipped in glitter glass! Kath of the Cubbyhole has loads of snow, much like the piccy I shared of my Fathers caravan / igloo the other day, she wanted to have a look at not other peoples desks, oh no that's another day, another blog and another story.. Kath is comparing snowdrifts!


10 comments:

  1. beautiful frosty pics sarah....I love the foliage sprinkled with sparkly frost...thanks for sharing ..hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh stunning you have made a fabulous work of art. Sorry I've not been around recently had a catchup here your London piece is brillient. Take care in this freeze xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah

    Your card is fantastic. Love all of the elements you have put together and the sentiment is very apt considering the problems we are all having in staying on our feet.

    I too am not an elegant ice walker!! LOL!!

    Great winter pictures too.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. Very elegant.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sentiment! I love the design of your card, so simple yet elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wintry photos Sarah, and I love your card! It's gorgeous :) Thanks for playing along in the cafe with us this week :) Must meet up for a playdate sometime, after Christmas maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics of the snow--love that I can look at in pics but I don't have to walk in it or deal with it:) Beautiful card--love that polka dot effect--FAB!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Sarah, sorry short post, still the eye issues !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card and great photos. Love the latest projects, not sure why I not getting your new posts. keep warm. Hugs Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Sarah, your card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog - I really appreciate it!