Sunday 5 July 2009

Thank you card for my sons teacher

Hi all

Mixed weather today, started off lovely and sunny, then as soon as my washing was nearly dry the heavens opened! Now though it is hot and sunny again.... I can't keep up with it!

I have made this card following another sketch by Lee-Ann on Trimcraft.



Not sure what I did before I was introduced to working from sketches though as they make life so much easier when planning layouts.

I used the PC to create the backing paper text and coloured the text in using pencils and Whispers pens. When I had put the backing paper on the card my son kindly pointed out that I had missed number 5 off the bottom row... wonder if Mrs Pyke will notice! Whiff of Joy Oakley stamp was used and coloured in using watercolour pencils, usually he is holding a wooden plaque but today I made it into a blackboard, embellishments are die cut, ribbon another freebie from a magazine!



I am also entering it into the Whiff of Joy Challenge which is 3 patterned papers, 3 flowers and 1 ribbon, although I replaced the flowers with apples, I hope this is ok. If not I enjoyed making it anyway!

Thanks for looking and I welcome your comments.

2 comments:

  1. oh i love this hun and that iamge is just brilliant love the layout too and love how you have used the apples lots love cheyrl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining my blog!!! Thats a lovely card you have there I shall try to suppost your blog as you have mine with daily comments when you list work on it I am off to have a browse at your other work Ive had no internet fot two days been awful!

    Liz xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog - I really appreciate it!