Saturday 22 January 2011

Scrap Map at CCW

Hi all

Today sees the start of our weekly Scrap Map challenge over on Creative Craft World AKA CCW, the mega talented Sue has put together this great sketch based on a Hotel brochure!

Just a quick reminder that the Cute and Cuddly card challenge is still running over on CCW until 1/02/2010

Everyone who knows me from blogland knows I have a real phobia of scrapping, daft I know and I don't know why but I almost break out in a cold sweat just thinking about doing a layout; however this layout really inspired me, especially when I saw this weeks challenge over on The Play Date Cafe of greygreen and orange as I knew I had the perfect photo for the challenge as Yaseen is wearing orange and grey lol.
I was originally planning to cut up the photo into inchies but just couldn't bring myself to do it (I know, I know..) so I used my nesties labels die to make 6 "squares" to mat the photo onto and used Peeled Paint distress ink over a mask.. I used white Bazzil cardstock for the base and mixed up a glimmer spray using distress reinker and perfect pearls for the green, the silver splodges are from a pewter glimmer mist which has decided to stop spraying (again) so I flicked it onto the card instead! I have used Basic Grey papers and letters and journalling is written with Sakura pen. The star is a chipboard shape which has been in my stash draw for yonks which I coated with copper paint dabber, rock candy crackle paint and dried marigold and frayed burlap distress inks.

Now all I need to do is wait for daylight to take a decent picture of the layout so I can enter into the Allsorts "Male/Boy" themed challenge!!

**EDITED... there is now daylight, photo taken and added to blog!!

I hope you are proud of me Anita, finally got round to scrapping another layout lol!! It only took me about 6 months to get into gear ;-)


11 comments:

  1. Neat layout! I like how you used our colors very creatively, with the pops of orange in the star and ribbon and the green sponged into one area. Very artsy! Thanks for coming to play with us at The Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh WOW! Sarah, I am SOOOOO proud of you Hun, that is wonderful. Really love how you have created the shaped photo mat and all the lovely paint effects. Especially love how you mixed the fonts and sizes for the title and that is SUCH a perfectly worded title too isn't it lol. Smashing photo to work with. See, it wasn't really THAT bad was it? Cannot wait to see the next one my Lovely :)..xxx warmest wishes Anita..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the PDCC colour story helped inspire you to create a LO Sarah :) I love the way you made your photo matt.... Thanks for playing with us at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see a LO at the Play Date Cafe. Yours is fantastic. That chipboard star is so cool! So glad you were able to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic LO Sarah!!! LOVE how you found the perfect photo for the challenge!! Great title too:) Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout, and I love that photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great LO for our challenge. I love how you've done the wording, it looks great! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the picture!! Your layout is fabulous

    thanks so much for entering my male inspired challenge at Allsorts this week. Good luck in the prize draw

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely layout, the colours work really well together. The photo looks like it was "hand"made for this challenge! (Sorry, week pun I know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's a fantastic layout. Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute picture and awesome layout! Love how you incorporated the colors and the fact that your photo matches so well! Thanks for joining us over at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog - I really appreciate it!